Thursday, August 14, 2014

Objectives Display

Hello my followers!

Here's another crafty way to decorate with meaning. I have a huge whiteboard and I never use it all up. The kiddos never line up along it to answer questions (they have their own personal whiteboards), and I see some of it as potential displaying.

Last year, I displayed my objectives on the whiteboard, using a magnet clip to hold up a plastic sleeve with a blank paper inserted. It worked well for bringing it to the carpet for display, but my kiddos couldn't read it when they were sitting at their seats.

Check out this year's objective display:

I used colored masking tape from Walmart and punch out letters that I bought at a local teacher store. However, I am sure you can find them online or at other teacher supply stores.  

...as you can tell, I apparently cannot put a piece of tape down in a straight line, but I am also not a waster of materials. I am SUPER excited to use this display this year, because the kiddos will be able to see the objectives from practically anywhere they sit in the room! 

Note: This is a magnetic whiteboard. A janitor warned that the tape might "ruin" the whiteboard by leaving a residue when you take it off, which will not allow a marker to write over it. I thoroughly researched if masking tape was safe on magnetic whiteboards, and results deemed it completely safe. Some people were even using duct tape, which I wouldn't recommend. 

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment