Thursday, August 7, 2014

New Room, New Grade, New Me

At the end of last year, I found out that I would be moving rooms. YAAAAAAAY! Seriously. Some of you teachers out there might be concerned, but let me explain.

I was in a room with no windows and no doors. It had a hallway going through the back of it that could not be blocked off due to fire routes, BUT other students were not allowed to use it except for a fire drill. It worked pretty well. My only complaints were that there were days I didn't get to see the sun (yay MN winters), and the noise level during transitions from other classes would reverberate into our classroom.

So now I am in a classroom that has a full wall of windows and a door. I'm super excited. PLUS I found out that I am teaching second grade this year (up from 1st!) This makes it the third grade I've taught in three years (third grade, then first, now second.) I consider myself very experienced.

We have a new curriculum that makes me grin from ear to ear. Our district has adopted Benchmark Literacy, which plays along well with Daily 5. It's very structured (as in plans laid out), and has abundant materials for various levels of students in the classroom.

Posts to look for: (I do this so I know what to write about next time)
- NEW classroom layout/organization/decorating (hint: I will not have desks this year :o)
- Daily 5 information and ideas (this is where the new me comes into place....along with the new layout!)


Blessings,
Mrs. Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment